Monday, September 7, 2009

Aunt Debbie's Chocolate Chip Muffins

For as long as I can remember, every Christmas family get together in Colorado has been marked with my Aunt Debbie's jumbo muffins and chocolate croissants. My favorite, hands down, is not the Almond Poppyseed muffins, the Cherry Chip muffins, or even the chocolate croissants. It's her Chocolate Chip Muffins. And I love, I mean LOVE, her Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are every bit dessert but baked as a muffin so as not to instill as much guilt to the eater. And they are just gooooood. I baked mine for a neighbor who just delivered her first baby, a little girl named Laura. But let me tell you, I wasn't the least bit sad when only 8 of the 12 muffins fit into the basket I had to give her.
INGREDIENTS:
Jumbo muffin pan
Jumbo baking cups
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cold water
4 eggs
1 bag miniature chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
Add cake mix, pudding, 1/4 cup flour, 1 cup water, 1/2 vegetable oil, and four eggs to bowl. Mix on high for 3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Place batter inside baking cups and bake at 360 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool and store in airtight container or freeze individually. Makes 12 jumbo muffins.

1 comment:

The Brooks Family said...

oh how i wiash a family christmas was tomorrow :)
GOOD FOOD GOOD PEOPLE GOOD TIMES!!!