Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sweet Soy Marinated Chicken

This is one of the meals I froze before Sarah was born. The first time I served it with edamame and I think that is best. Regardless of which veggie you choose, pair it with brown rice and it is almost as good as a Teriyaki Chicken Bowl! AND Moses will eat the chicken - that's a big deal around here!
Ingredients:
2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken pieces (breasts and/or thighs)
Marinade:
1 cup honey
3/4 cup soy sauce
2 T crushed garlic
1 teaspoon ground ginger

Warm marinade ingredients in the microwave until honey is melted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour over chicken in freezer bag, label and freeze. When thawed, pour into baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover, turn chicken and bake an additional 30 minutes.
Freeze in: 1-gallon freezer bag
Makes 4 servings

From Once a Month cooking by Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg

4 comments:

Sydni said...

Thanks for the recipe. This looks like one my kids might like!

Crystal said...

Oh yum! I like this one, I'm definitely gonna try it. Looks delicious and easy, my boys will love it! Thanks!

Sarah said...

Making this tomorrow! Yum!

Susan said...

I should have noted that if you choose to freeze this the chicken is very marinated - the flavors really get in there! I still liked it and Moses loves the stuff, but you may not want to spoon any of the sauce over your chicken and rice until you taste it!