Friday, July 17, 2009

Hot Fudge Ice Cream Bar Dessert

**I have every intention of putting up a better picture once I cut ito this. But in case I don't get to it.. this stuff is a lot better than it looks in that photo!**
The thing I love about this recipe is that I don't have to turn on my oven! The recipe is for a 9x13 and makes 18 servings, but I cut the recipe in half (using an 8x8) because there are only 3 of us! Happy eating!


INGREDIENTS:
1 (16 ounce) can chocolate syrup (I use the hot fudge sauce)
3/4 cup peanut butter
19 ice cream sandwiches
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup salted peanuts

DIRECTIONS:
Microwave the chocolate syrup on high for 2 minutes, but don't let it boil! Stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature. Line the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with a layer of ice cream sandwiches. Spread half of the chocolate mixture on top, then the whipped topping, then half the peanuts. Add another layer of ice cream sandwiches. Spread the rest of the chocolate mixture on top and sprinkle with peanuts. Freeze until firm, about one hour. Cut into squares to serve.

No comments: