Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Apple Galette Review!

A few weeks ago, you might remember that Susan posted this picture and recipe for an Apple Galette. Well, I made that recipe this past weekend and I'm here to tell you that you NEED to make it right now! It is truly one of the best recipes I have tried to date! The crust makes the recipe! The fact that we're amidst apple season might help the recipe's cause a little too! Seriously though, make it. You'll be a hero wherever it's served!

Note: The recipe called for the crust to be made in a food processor, however, I made it with a pastry cutter and it turned out just great! I just cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembled coarse meal and then stirred the water in with a rubber spatula.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so glad you loved it! The original recipe called for peaches or nectarines..I can't remember which, so I think it would be good with whatever you've got on hand!
And that crust, huh? Man it was delish!
Next! The slab pie :)

Dani said...

Yay! I just made this recipe... I accidentally used salted butter AND salt in the crust, OOPS! I was trying to cut back on how much sugar (ya know so I could justify eating it for breakfast ;-) ) so I didn't add the optional syrup- but with the salty crust I think I might need to give it a drizzle! Besides my mistake I love it! Thanks for the recipe Susan AND the reminder Sarah!

Susan said...

Oh bummer! Hope the salt didn't ruin it for you, Dani!