Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

I LOVE fall! So much, in fact, that I have been cooking and baking like a fool and still had the inspiration to blog it out. (You'd be shocked how much is intended for the blog but never makes it!) Anyway, my canned pumpkin stock has been beckoning from the cabinet and after seeing Dani's Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies this weekend, I was inspired to whip out this quick bread. And, in my opinion, the best part about this recipe has to be that it makes 2 loaves. One for now and one for later, baby!

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
1-1/2 cups canola oil
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS: In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.

3 comments:

Tania said...

yummy!! Every time I look at this blog I want to bake!! Too bad money and my body doesn't keep up with the baking like I would like too!!! Thanks for all the yummieness!!

Sydni said...

I made this for our homeschool meeting this week. Great recipe!

Susan said...

I hear ya lady. Once I start keeping more of what I make down I will be back!