Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Easy Hashbrown Casserole

I first had this style of hashbrown casserole with my girlfriends at a B&B in Pagosa Springs. It was just DELICIOUS and thus came my search for a similar recipe. I came across this one a few years ago on Allrecipes and have made it for just about every event I could think of: bridal brunches, a tea, church potlucks, camping, family get togethers, for the postpartum mom, and tonight, a quick dinner! It's super easy, can be frozen and cooked later, and it leaves you full, full, full. A definite keeper in our house.

[Imagine picture of wonderful cheesy, hashbrown-y casserole right here. Dinner was in a hurry tonight. No time for pictures! Sorry!]

INGREDIENTS:
1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed-I like to grate my own from fresh potatoes cause we usually have those on hand. In that case, use 6-8 depending on their size.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups cubed ham (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray one 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, onions, soup and cheese. Gently mix and pour into prepared pan or dish. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Serves 5

1 comment:

Sydni said...

Mmm... This looks like a recipe my household will enjoy. Thanks for posting it! ~Sydni