Friday, June 12, 2009

Snicker Bars

These.are.wonderful. I kinda feel like I'm cheating when I make them since I don't have to make the cake or the caramel sauce from scratch.. but then I get over it and use that time to fold laundry, dust, play with my son..

INGREDIENTS:
1 package German chocolate cake mix
2/3 c. evaporated milk, divided
1 c. chopped nuts (I prefer pecans)
28 (9oz) caramels
3/4 c. melted butter
1 c. chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
Combine cake mix, melted butter and 1/3 c. evaporated milk. Press half of the mixture into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan. Bake 6 minutes at 350.
In a double boiler, dissolve caramels and 1/3 c. evaporated milk. (Today I was lazy and quit when this mixture was a bit lumpy.. they were still wonderful!)
Remove cake crust from oven. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts, and then pour dissolved caramels over the top. Crumble the remaining cake mix on the top and return to oven for 15 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE!!
Cool and cut into squares.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my. Just rub it on my thighs, will ya?! Girlfriend...you are dangerous. I'm thinking these may just start off my Monday!

Sydni said...

You two are killing me with these chocolate recipes. Have mercy on this poor woman who can't eat chocolate! If my daughter makes this, I may have to stay somewhere else until it's gone! ~Sydni