Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ice Cream Treasures

I wish there was a way for you to TASTE this and not just look at the pictures I took. Doesn't this look boring? Kinda like I was eating my cereal in a baking dish:

This is what happens when I try to get a cool close up to show you just how delicious this really was:

Sigh, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it AND try it yourself!! C'mon, if I can pull myself away from the brownies.. so can you!! Oh.. and did I mention I found this in a "light" magazine. Tis' true, my friends, tis' true. I split the recipe in half, and it worked out fabulously!
ICE CREAM TREASURES:
1.5c (6oz) Heath bars
8c. vanilla reduced-fat ice cream, softened
4c. Chex cereal, crushed
2c. Cheerios
2/3c. dark brown sugar
1/3c. slivered almonds, toasted
1/3c. sweetened coconut, toasted
2T butter, melted
1. Stir crushed candy into ice cream. Cover and freeze until ready to use.
2. Combine cereals, brown sugar, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Press half of cereal mixture in bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
3. Let ice cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until softened. Spread softened ice cream mixture over cereal mixture; top evenly with remaining cereal mixture. Cover and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: about 3/4c.)
And if you really want to know:
Calories:265 Fat: 8.4 Protein: 5.2 Fiber:1 gram

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have an ongoing love affair with Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. I'm so psyched that this recipe includes Heath Bar, I can hardly stand it! I can't say that I would have thought about the cereal part though. My interest is piqued!

Susan said...

I was skeptical right until I tasted it. I think the brown sugar, toasted nuts and toasted coconut are really what do it. I forgot to say that this can also be made with chocolate ice cream and walnuts in place of the vanilla and almonds!